Voluntary Registration of Title
Did you know that more than 30 per cent of land in England and Wales is unregistered?
Voluntary registration offers proof of land ownership and protection against encroachment.
In fact voluntary registration brings many benefits. There are several reasons that you should consider for registering your land:
- It helps to protect land from encroachment.
- It enables you to identify your landholdings, simplify your title and, in the case of large landholdings, makes ongoing management easier.
- It simplifies selling or re-mortgaging.
- It can assist should anyone else make a claim.
- Potential buyers increasingly expect land to be registered before buying.
- Even if you have lost your deeds or have difficulties proving your title, it may still be possible to register your land.
- The Land Registry discount their fees by 25% for all voluntary registration applications.
Find out more about registered land, the Land Registry, and how we can help you with voluntary registration.
For more information please contact:
Solicitor: Richard Caley
Tel: 01527 584 444